That’s 15 minutes including everything but the skincare step. I think that everything in the look is pretty intuitive but I’ll list the steps anyways so you can see what i used.
Base and Face
- SOONPURE Rose Facial Serum (half a capsule): this is a skincare item that i use as my primer. it’s is my go to for “special” days when i want my skin to NOT turn into crepe paper by the end of a long day. I’m not counting this step in the makeup time because it takes about 5 minutes for this to fully sink in and dry down to a velvety-soft, silk smooth finish. After it sinks in it’s like, pores? What pores? It doesn’t fill in ice pick scars but it sure does make the skin blurry enough to ignore them.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer w/ 2 parts SX07 (neutral medium) to 1 part SX03 (pale olive): applied little dots as smears distributed on skin first concentrated on the nose and blended out with a Sephora 45.5 Mini multi-tasker brush.
- Guerlain Meteorites Perles des Neige (2015 Enchanted Snowflake Edition): you know what they say, “X-mas comes right after Halloween,” and I’m straddling the line by using this. Applied with a Koyudo BP006 Large Powder Brush.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure: applied on lower half of cheeks and apples to give back juuust a hint of dimension. I was going for mostly dead/ghostly with my face. Used a very light hand and an extremely soft brush to boot (Koyudo Red Squirrel Blush Brush Gen. 2)
Eyes: Essentially, same application process as a standard smokey eye but with pumpkin colors
- Urban Decay Primer Potion: very thin layer melted between fingers then applied all over upper lid and on lower eye too
- Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow I722: Mandarin: Applied all over upper lid as a base with Makeup Cat #114 Large Eye shadow Brush
- MUFEArtist Shadow ME304 Emerald: Applied with a Zoeva 325 Luxe Brow Light Brush. This brush is essentially a very wide smudger, so i used it to apply and smudge/blend the shadow on the outer 1/3 of my upper and lower lashline below my visible crease. I used what pigment was left on the brush to lift the eye a bit by wiggling it outward and upward at the corner.
- MUFE Artist Shadow I330 Linden Green: Applied with same Zoeva 325 brush. “smudged” into the inner part of the eye where it folds and on the bottom lash line. On my upper lid, i swept it up with light strokes to blend it gently into the orange. Linden green has a golden sheen that blended beautifully with mandarin which is a very strong yellow toned orange. To blend into ME304 Emerald, i just wiggled the brush side-to-side at the junctiions.
- MUFE Artist Shadow M536 Milk Tea and M558 Dark Taupe: Just used a bullet brush (Smashbox #15 Definer brush), as my crease and blender brush in one. I hopped my brush from pan to pan, back and forth about three times, then swirled on the back of my hand lightly to mix the colors, then applied on the outer V of the eye, blending down into I722 Mandarin at the top, and over the place where I722 Mandarin and ME304 Emerald meet on the outer crease before slightly diffusing it out and up. Milk tea contributed the warmth needed to meld with I722 Mandarin at the border and M558 Dark Taupe provided the cool, dark ash needed to match the natural shadows in the hollows like the inner corner of my eyes.
- Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara: two coats. Not my favorite but went with it since my Clinique High Impact Water proof was AWOL. Did the trick enough.
- Bareminerals Lock & Coated Waterproof Lash Topcoat: Makes the above mentioned mascara bullet roof. Otherwise it melts off with the slightest moisture like the mini tears i get when i sneeze.
I realized after i was in the car that i forgot to tight line and curl my lashes. Oh, well.
- Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil: Primed lips with a thin layer of this all over, pressing lips together to let it melt in better
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics NSFW Colour Pencil: traced the hourglass outline, adjusting the dimensions until i was happy with it
- Stila Stingray Stay All Day Smudge Stick: Filled in the outer parts of the lip with this since i don’t have black lipstick. Really creamy and easy to apply like a regular lip liner. it smudges like a mofo on my eyes within an hour but stayed pretty well put on my lips!
- Milani Desire Amore Matte Liquid Lipstick: applied over the earlier outlined hourglass with a Real Techniques Detailer Brush to add impact and make it as opaque as the black parts. The liner by itself was really wimpy and i wanted a bright, red POW.